Thursday, May 24, 2012

Featured Artist: Susan Clarke Plumb

From April 14th, to June 2nd, we present "Refuse/Re-seen" during which we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog.  Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Susan Clarke Plumb


Handle With Care
Sculpture, Clay, Shells, Pins, Buttons
6.5" x 2" 2011

As an emerging artist, I am fulfilling a dream of becoming a full-time artist. I have held many positions related to the art field such as being an art center founder and administrator, an art therapist, a curator of museum education, and a teacher of students ages pre-K to seniors. I am now enjoying the freedom to pursue my two favorite passions, art making and art teaching.

My art work has taken me to Sub-Sahara Africa many times where I have seen to power of art to heal and promise hope and reconciliation. Therefore most of my art is devoted to social justice themes as well as a personal exploration of the materials and the expressive possibilities. I feel very grateful to be a part of the creative process for my students as well as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment