Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Featured Artist: Kara Muise

From April 14th, to June 2nd, we present "Refuse/Re-seen" during which we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog.  Today, we're pleased to introduce to you:  Kara Muise

FirstClass, Forever
36 x 27     2012
I started collecting cancelled postage stamps about 10 years ago.  I like collecting little treasures that are cast off and considered trash.  I had amassed a good collection of stamps before I even knew what I wanted to do with them.  As my interest in quilting and fiber arts grew it seemed a natural transition to sew the tiny squares into larger squares and then into quilts.  The stamps, like little discarded scraps, band together for a new life as a quilt.

FirstClass, Forever
36 x 27     2012

No comments:

Post a Comment