Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Featured Artist: Jennifer Lingford

From April 14th, to June 2nd, we present "Refuse/Re-seen" during which we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog.  Today, we're pleased to introduce to you:  Jenny Lingford

Wound Study, Bleeding Shin
20" x 6" x 6"  2012

I am facilitating loving connected relationships between my work and the viewer because I believe people need loving relationships. 

Feminine craft is my medium: knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, and baking.  I witnessed these processes growing up in a small town where it was common to be labor workers and homemakers. Remembering family heritage and community are central themes in my art, as well as exposing the blemishes that make us human.  Keeping this element of truth in my work is directly relatable to the integrity of the material and hand quality of my art.  Every action is accounted for, both the intended and mishap.  Whether the pieces are hand-held size or large installations, the attention to detail and human familiarity is the same.  These life lessons of honesty, hard work, and nurturing loving relationships have carried into my work.

Wound Study, Bruised knee
12" x 10" x 6" 2010
Wound Study, Sunburned (Back)
17" x 24" x 7" 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment