Thursday, March 17, 2011

Featured Artist: Tristyn Albright

During the seven weeks of 'Daily Fiber Intake' we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog. Every week, several artists will be featured. Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Tristyn Albright.

Ode to Missoni

Art is me.  It is everything I am and everything I am not.  It is where I am going and where I have been.  As a fibers artist I prefer working in the area of non-loom: using fiber arts techniques that are not executed on a loom.  In my work I am most enthusiastic about utilizing non-traditional materials like wire for its sculptural quality and beads for the overall texture they provide.  With an obsessive compulsive love for detail in all facets of my art, I get a sense of accomplishment when I finish a vessel knowing how much time was consumed stringing the beads by hand.  In the body of work I am currently working on I have begun to push the technique, spoke-wrapping also referred to as tinkering, in different directions and have begun to incorporate found objects.  In the future I hope to continue experimenting to see how far I can push myself and my work toward larger forms and further incorporation of found objects.

Vagabond

No comments:

Post a Comment