Saturday, March 19, 2011

Featured Artist: Jennifer Biggs

During the seven weeks of 'Daily Fiber Intake' we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog. Every week, several artists will be featured. Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Jennifer Biggs.

Untitled
As a child I was heavily influenced by comic books and animation, and I still find myself very drawn to strong graphics. The imagery I use in my work is generally a mash up of literary influences, illustration, science fiction, self-portraits and random doodles. None of these images really carry any meaning for me until I begin to work with them as textile pieces. Then they start to create their own meaning and their own story. Each piece has started to become a part of a story I wasn’t intending to tell.

Untitled, detail

No comments:

Post a Comment