Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Featured Artist: Kathy Selbst

During the seven weeks of '"Size Matters" we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog. Every week, several artists will be featured. Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Kathy Selbst
Butterflies on a Shoestring
Butterflies, detail
Artist Statement

As a child I enjoyed knitting and machine sewing. By the time I reached high school I made garments to wear. My enjoyment in using my hands carried over to playing the piano & eventually offering piano lessons. I later tried my hand at other crafts becoming skilled in rug braiding, stain glass and gardening. In recent years I finally realized that my greatest fulfillment has been in fiber arts, and I have been an active quilter and weaver incorporating natural dyeing and shibori techniques. The pieces in this exhibit combine my interests of weaving, dyeing and quilting.

Mums for Mommy

Mums, detail

No comments:

Post a Comment