Friday, May 27, 2011

Featured Artist: Sarah Jefferis

During the seven weeks of '"Size Matters" we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog. Every week, several artists will be featured. Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Sarah Jefferis

My father and grandfather, who are both stained glass artists, have influenced me. When I was young I started out sketching ‘stained glass’ artwork. Little worlds in each section of glass. I have discovered that embroidery can be a great addition to my work.
Ocho Soles
 The piece, Ocho Soles, involves striped fabric deconstructed with embroidery. This deconstruction method gives the fabric a tension and curvilinear form.


Education:

I am a currently attending Kutztown University pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Crafts. I spent two years completing my general education requirements at Reading Area Community College in Reading, Pennsylvania. While attending, I was involved in the art community and art publications. I have worked in Loom, Non-Loom Fibers and Fine Metal areas.  

Experience:

2011 Exhibit - Daily Fiber Intake at Some Things Looming Gallery in Reading, PA 

Publications:

2007 Legacy Scholarly Journal:  Vol  6. Reading Area Community College Publication
2008 Legacy Scholarly Journal:  Vol  7. Reading Area Community College Publication 

Organized the first photography club at Kutztown University.  

Awards:  

Columbia Scholastic Press Association 
Sarah Jefferis: Gold Circle Award First Place for Single Illustration Rendering Photographic Material: Black and White 

No comments:

Post a Comment