Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Featured Artist: Vicki Jensen

From September 10, to November 5th, we present "Felt So Good" during which we'll focus on individual artists here on our blog.  Today, we're pleased to introduce to you: Vicki Jensen 



Old Man's Beard Moss
Hand-dyed, merino wool, yarn, thread,  welt felting, free-form lace, free-motion-machine embroidery 17"x15"x.25"
Old Man's Beard Moss, detail   

Artist Statement


I have a great passion for nature and the out of doors. I use the natural surroundings as my source of inspiration for the art that I create. From birds to nests to ferns to tree bark to lichens - - - I look at all of the textures, colors and patterns that nature provides to us and interpret them in felt. The medium of felt allows me to combine the elements of surface design I love, all in one piece: dyeing with MX and Acid dyes, along with hand stitching and embellishment.



Fallen Leaves
Hand-dyed merino wool and silk organza, silk thread, wet felting, lamination, hand stitching 20"x16" x2"


Fallen Leaves, detail



Lichens and Moss
Hand-dyed, merino wool, scrim, cheese cloth, cotton floss, welt felting, lamination, hand stitching, loop embroidery 17" x 15" x 1.75"

Lichens and Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment